Friday 14 February 2014

Plans for my photo shoot


Costume
My artist will be wearing a red and white checked oversized shirt that relates to the hip-hop genre, and also relating to the artist. White is seen as an urban colour as you see a lot of urban artists wearing white, the white and red will represent my artist’s personality as she will have an innocent pure side but yet be passionate and have a sense of danger. My artist will be wearing big chunky statement jewellery which fits in with the hip-hop genre, its stereotypical the hip-hop artists like to wear a lot of jewellery because they like to show off their ‘bling’. She will be wearing big gold hoop earring and a chunky gold statement necklace, the jewellery will relate to my artist and how she likes to show things off, and wants to draw attention to her jewellery. The gold will relate to my artists personality. In the contents page pictures you may see the bottom half of my artist, she will be wearing black leather leggings which represent the hip-hop genre and my artist personality and edge. My artist will be wearing a red snapback, which relates to the hip-hop genre as it is very 90’s.

Props

For my props I will most likely use an old record, the record will relate to my genre. For the front cover my artist will be holding the record in front of her, but not covering her face. However for my double page spread there will be some pictures of my artist doing different things with the record. Although my artist will be wearing a hat she may also use it as a prop.

Setting
Im going to use a plain, contrasting coloured background so that I will be able to cut my image out easily, the software will be able to predict the areas that I want to cut out.


Facial expression, pose and body language

My artist will have a serious look on her face, which will tell the audience that she is serious about her music. Although she will have a serious expression she will look confident which will suggest that she is confident about her music. In some of the other pictures she will have a more fun look on her face. Her body language may be inviting to the readers and very open. Her facial expression and body language will reflect my artist’s personality and music.


Hair and makeup

My artist’s hair will be slightly wavy/curly which will suggest that she cares about her appearance and like to make an effort. She will have very naturalistic makeup, which gives the readers a sense of purity and innocence. It also won’t distract the readers from the things that help them to recognise that the genre of the magazine is hip-hop.

Shot type and lighting

I will take a variety of shot types so that I have pictures that show off my artist’s facial expression, body language, costume, hair and makeup ect…I am going to take my pictures in natural lighting so that the image is clear and also easy to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment